Travel restrictions are in place around the world to contain the spread of Covid-19.
With effect from 2359 hours on 23 March 2020:
- All short-term visitors: No entry or transit through Singapore
- Work pass holders: Entry/return only permitted for those providing essential services (and their dependents)
- All Singapore citizens, permanent residents, and long-term pass holders:
- From Hubei Province: 14-day quarantine
- From all other countries: 14-day Stay Home Notice (SHN)
Travel Waiver Policies
In view of the high contact volumes across Singapore Airlines customer service touchpoints, will be waiving no-show fees for travel between 16 to 31 March 2020.
If you have decided not to travel but are unable to reach Singapore Airlines customer service representative before your travel date, please be assured that no-show fees will be waived when you rebook or change your ticket to open-dated.
Due to the high volume of requests, we seek your understanding as it may take longer than usual for Singapore customer service agents to respond to you. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Customers who booked their tickets through travel agencies are advised to contact their agents for assistance. Customers who booked their tickets directly through Singapore Airlines may contact their local Singapore Airlines reservations office.